- The CDC has declared it is unsafe to cruise regardless of your vaccination status.
- There continues to be a nationwide rise in COVID-19 transmission rates and reported infections on cruise ships.
- In response, Jazz Cruises has cancelled its programs scheduled for January ’22.
- ’22 Guests may elect to receive a refund, apply their ’22 payments to an existing ’23 reservation or complete a ’23 reservation now.
- The Jazz Cruises Refund Program is available to anyone who was scheduled to sail on any of our ’22 Cruises.
- If you were to have sailed on The Jazz Cruise ’22 and now wish to enter the Jazz Cruises Refund Program, click here, complete and submit the form.
- If you were to have sailed on any of the three sailings of The Smooth Jazz Cruise ’22 and now wish to enter the Jazz Cruises Refund Program, click here, complete and submit the form.
- Requests to participate in the Jazz Cruises Refund Program ends on February 28, 2022.
- Beginning March 1, 2022 through April 30, ’22 Guests may elect either:
- Apply the full amount of their payments for their ’22 Cruise to a ’23 or ’24 cruise; or
- Receive a cash settlement of 75% of the amount of the payments made under the following schedule:
- 50% of the settlement amount due to be paid on April 30, 2022
- 50% of the settlement amount due to be paid on July 31, 2022
For more than 21 years Jazz Cruises has presented the highest quality cruise programs earning its reputation as the Gold Standard of Jazz At Sea. The decision not to sail will be a financial hardship for Jazz Cruises, one that could have been avoided by sailing. However, given CDC’s unequivocal warning as to the risks of sailing regardless of one’s vaccination status, nothing we can do will make our guests feel safe, nor help us produce cruise programs that guarantee their maximum enjoyment. For those and the other reasons stated above, Jazz Cruises will not sail in ’22, but is looking forward to a great ’23 season.
—Michael Lazaroff, Executive Director of Jazz Cruises